Every year, AHF touches the lives of 300,000 Sherpas, Nepalis and Tibetans throughout the Himalaya.
Our commitment: we help those in need who have no one else.
- Education is huge for us. We build schools and much more (building is the easy part). We train and fund teachers; supply the tools for learning: books, blankets, even volleyballs!; build and furnish school hostels - whatever is needed to make sure kids can actually get an education.
- Health care. We support hospitals and clinics, train doctors and medical assistants, and make sure that poor disabled kids get the surgery they need.
- Cultural preservation. We help Tibetans keep their culture alive – basic survival first: schools, health care, clean water and care for elders. For the future: the Tibetan Enterprise Fund. In Mustang, our restoration of ancient monasteries brings a new light to lost Tibetan art.
- STOP Girl Trafficking. We are passionate about saving girls from being sold.
- And let's not forget the tigers. We're all in this together.
How we do it:
- We know the territory and where to intervene to create the greatest impact for the least cost.
- We make bets on people and back them – they know what their communities need – and everything we do involves local commitment.
- We take the long view on creating change, and we're strategic about designing solutions for the present and the future.
- We are fast and flexible: we can respond quickly in situations where that is appropriate.
Help you can trust.
AHF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Your personal information will never be given or sold to anyone, ever.
Audited Financial Statements
2015 Financial Statements
2014 Financial Statements
2013 Financial Statements
2012 Financial Statements
2015 Form 990
2014 Form 990
2013 Form 990
2012 Form 990
2011 Form 990